Contingency Fee-based Plaintiff's Litigation for Missouri Small Businesses
Even a small business can run into a big problem. In fact, entrepreneurs and small companies are more likely to feel the effects of a dispute involving their business than a large company that can absorb these costs more readily. The typical attorney-fee model of the hourly fee can effectively price small companies out of pursuing legitimate claims. Lear Werts LLP represents small business clients on a contingency basis — not charging a fee unless and until the firm collects for your company. This arrangement allows small businesses to keep much-needed cash in the business to meet existing needs, while allowing the company to address grievances.
Resolving disputes for small business clients
Lear Werts LLP is a Columbia, Missouri law firm that has helped many small business clients resolve disputes and avoid protracted upfront coast of litigation. They provide experience in commercial litigation for small businesses throughout the Missouri.
Disputes with other businesses
Working with other companies is a necessary part of doing business. Sometimes these relationships break down, though, and litigation may be required.
Bradford B. Lear and Todd C. Werts have helped many clients resolve issues with vendors, contractors and other parties, such as:
- Contract disputes: Lear Werts has resolved problems with contracts disputes. For example, we were able to avert a substantial business loss when another company reneged on a contract to buy products. The client was ready to write off the loss because of the complexity of the case, but Lear Werts was able to secure a favorable settlement.
- Franchise / Franchisee disputes: These cases are unfortunately common. Lear Werts has experience handling breach of contract cases and unlawful termination claims arising from a franchise relationship gone bad.
- Business Torts: There are instances when a business may engage in misconduct that adversely impacts a competitor, such as unfair competition, defamation, tortious interference with contract, or an anti-trust violation. In these instances Lear and Werts will work to make sure that the playing field remains fair and level.
What Lear Werts LLP can do for you
When you hire Lear Werts to handle your business litigation case, you hire a responsive law firm whose lawyers make themselves available to their clients.
Lear Werts utilizes a value-added approach with its commercial clients by taking business realities into account and helping clients develop creative solutions that resolve disputes quickly, permanently, and cost-effectively.
While we are capable negotiators who usually arrange settlements in our clients’ favor, Brad Lear and Todd Werts are also aggressive litigators if the case requires court action.
Call Lear Werts LLP for a free initial consultation
Contact the business litigation lawyers of Lear Werts today at 573-875-1991 (or toll free 877-875-1991), or contact us online to arrange for a complementary consultation about your case.
Most Popular Articles
Once you have completed the hearing process and have received an award, you have the right to file an application for review with the Labor and Industrial Relations Commission. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling appeals to the Commission ...Click to Read More...
Business Consultants File Case Against International Services, Inc. (IPA) Claiming Unpaid Wages and Overtime Pay
Lear Werts LLP has filed a lawsuit against International Services, Inc. and its related entities which include International Profit Associates, IPA, ROI – North America, GPS USA, Integrated Business Analysis, and IBA USA. Plaintiffs are seeking unpaid wages and overtime resulting from the defendant's improper pay policies for its senior business consultants, which are also referred to as "SBCs".Click to Read More...
If you are or were employed by WIS as an IA anywhere in the United States, other than California, you may be eligible to participate in this lawsuit. To find out more, please fill out the contact form above and we will be in touch with you about submitting the paperwork to join the lawsuit.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP and our co-counsel Stueve Siegel Hanson LLP filed a lawsuit on March 2, 2010 against DirecTV, Inc., DirecTV Home Services, Inc., and AeroSat USA, LLC seeking unpaid wages and overtime resulting from the defendants’ piece rate payment policies.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP and our co-counsel Stueve Siegel Hanson, LLP have filed a class action lawsuit for unpaid wages and overtime on behalf of telephone-dedicated employees who worked in any of State Farm’s Operations Centers nationwide.Click to Read More...
Most Recent Injury Articles
The following frequently asked questions provide some basic information about workers' compensation claims. To learn more about your rights and responsibilities under Missouri law ...Click to Read More...
Generally speaking, and as discussed on the Benefits Overview page, there are several types of benefits available. This page should help you to calculate the benefits that are available under the workers compensation law.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP represents injured workers throughout Missouri who have suffered foot or leg injuries, including fractures, knee tendonitis and bursitis, and loss of limb.Click to Read More...
Attorneys at Lear Werts LLP represent employees in Columbia and throughout Missouri who have suffered hand and arm injuries in the workplace, including fractures, nerve damage, loss of limb, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and repetitive strain injuries.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP has extensive experience building successful workers' compensation claims on behalf of injured employees, including injuries involving the neck and back. Neck and back injuries are among the most common workplace injuries ...Click to Read More...
Most Recent Employment Articles
If you have been treated badly at your job (or at a potential job) because you are disabled, you may have been subjected to disability discrimination...Click to Read More...
In the garbage and sanitation industry it is common for employers to pay their drivers, helpers, and loaders based on an hourly wage but not pay them time-and-a-half for when they work more than 40 hours in a week. Additionally, many of these companies pay certain...Click to Read More...
As Reservists and National Guard return after leaving their home and jobs to protect our nation, they need to know that jobs will be available. The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Right Act (USERRA) provides special protection for returning service members...Click to Read More...
Most Recent Litigation Articles
What is the Fair Credit Reporting Act? The Fair Credit Reporting Act (often referred to as the "FRCA") is a federal consumer protection law that regulates the production and distribution of consumer reports. Despite its name, the FCRA does not apply solely to credit reports.Click to Read More...
The Missouri vexatious refusal to pay statute is a consumer protection law that is designed to prohibit abusive insurance practices. The law applies to what are known as first-party insurance contracts. That is to say, the law only covers claims made against your own insurance.Click to Read More...
- > Auditors and Accountants are Commonly Denied Overtime
- > Call Center Workers
- > Collection Practices
- > H&R Block Training Pay Litigation
- > HyVee Wage & Hour Litigation
- > State Farm Unpaid Overtime Litigation
- > DirecTV Installer Wage & Hour Litigation
- > WIS Int’l Inventory Wage & Hour Litigation
- > IPA / ISI Senior Business Consultant Overtime Litigation
- > Mass Layoffs
Other Recent Articles
- > Missouri Workers Compensation FAQ
- > Calculating Missouri Workers Compensation Benefits
- > Common Foot and Leg Injuries Covered by MO Work Comp
- > Common Hand and Arm Injuries Covered by MO Work Comp
- > Work Related Neck and Back Injuries Under Work Comp
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Injury Overview
- > Missouri Labor and Industrial Relations Commission Work Comp Decisions
- > Final Hearing in a Missouri workers’ compensation claim
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Temporary Hearings
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Claim for Compensation