Sander C. Sowerssowers@learwerts.com
Sander Sowers is experienced in representing people in a variety of types of litigation. His practice includes representing individuals in serious personal injury, workers’ compensation, and employment cases, including wage and hour class and collective actions.
Sander is involved in many community activities. Currently, Sander is a member of the Boone County Bar Association, of which he serves as the Young Lawyers Committee Chairperson and the Columbia Chapter of Rotaract. Sander was elected by his peers to serve as the Missouri Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Council District Representative for the mid-Missouri area.
When not practicing law, Sander enjoys many hobbies, including golf, water sports, following the University of Missouri basketball and football teams, and spending time with his family.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Missouri Non-Partisan Court Plan, Daughters of the American Revolution (2010)
Agricultural Law , University of Missouri College of Agriculture (2007)
Admitted to Practice
- Missouri State Courts
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- Saint Louis University, J.D.
- Saint Louis University Law Journal
- University of Missouri – Columbia, B.S.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section Council, District 5 Representative
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Boone County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Committee, Chair
- Jim Butcher Memorial Picnic Committee
- Rotaract, Columbia Chapter
- Chipping in for Charity Golf Tournament
- Chair, 2008 to present
Most Popular Articles
Once you have completed the hearing process and have received an award, you have the right to file an application for review with the Labor and Industrial Relations Commission. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling appeals to the Commission ...Click to Read More...
Business Consultants File Case Against International Services, Inc. (IPA) Claiming Unpaid Wages and Overtime Pay
Lear Werts LLP has filed a lawsuit against International Services, Inc. and its related entities which include International Profit Associates, IPA, ROI – North America, GPS USA, Integrated Business Analysis, and IBA USA. Plaintiffs are seeking unpaid wages and overtime resulting from the defendant's improper pay policies for its senior business consultants, which are also referred to as "SBCs".Click to Read More...
If you are or were employed by WIS as an IA anywhere in the United States, other than California, you may be eligible to participate in this lawsuit. To find out more, please fill out the contact form above and we will be in touch with you about submitting the paperwork to join the lawsuit.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP and our co-counsel Stueve Siegel Hanson LLP filed a lawsuit on March 2, 2010 against DirecTV, Inc., DirecTV Home Services, Inc., and AeroSat USA, LLC seeking unpaid wages and overtime resulting from the defendants’ piece rate payment policies.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP and our co-counsel Stueve Siegel Hanson, LLP have filed a class action lawsuit for unpaid wages and overtime on behalf of telephone-dedicated employees who worked in any of State Farm’s Operations Centers nationwide.Click to Read More...
Most Recent Injury Articles
The following frequently asked questions provide some basic information about workers' compensation claims. To learn more about your rights and responsibilities under Missouri law ...Click to Read More...
Generally speaking, and as discussed on the Benefits Overview page, there are several types of benefits available. This page should help you to calculate the benefits that are available under the workers compensation law.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP represents injured workers throughout Missouri who have suffered foot or leg injuries, including fractures, knee tendonitis and bursitis, and loss of limb.Click to Read More...
Attorneys at Lear Werts LLP represent employees in Columbia and throughout Missouri who have suffered hand and arm injuries in the workplace, including fractures, nerve damage, loss of limb, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and repetitive strain injuries.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP has extensive experience building successful workers' compensation claims on behalf of injured employees, including injuries involving the neck and back. Neck and back injuries are among the most common workplace injuries ...Click to Read More...
Most Recent Employment Articles
If you have been treated badly at your job (or at a potential job) because you are disabled, you may have been subjected to disability discrimination...Click to Read More...
In the garbage and sanitation industry it is common for employers to pay their drivers, helpers, and loaders based on an hourly wage but not pay them time-and-a-half for when they work more than 40 hours in a week. Additionally, many of these companies pay certain...Click to Read More...
As Reservists and National Guard return after leaving their home and jobs to protect our nation, they need to know that jobs will be available. The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Right Act (USERRA) provides special protection for returning service members...Click to Read More...
Most Recent Litigation Articles
What is the Fair Credit Reporting Act? The Fair Credit Reporting Act (often referred to as the "FRCA") is a federal consumer protection law that regulates the production and distribution of consumer reports. Despite its name, the FCRA does not apply solely to credit reports.Click to Read More...
The Missouri vexatious refusal to pay statute is a consumer protection law that is designed to prohibit abusive insurance practices. The law applies to what are known as first-party insurance contracts. That is to say, the law only covers claims made against your own insurance.Click to Read More...
- > Auditors and Accountants are Commonly Denied Overtime
- > Call Center Workers
- > Collection Practices
- > H&R Block Training Pay Litigation
- > HyVee Wage & Hour Litigation
- > State Farm Unpaid Overtime Litigation
- > DirecTV Installer Wage & Hour Litigation
- > WIS Int’l Inventory Wage & Hour Litigation
- > IPA / ISI Senior Business Consultant Overtime Litigation
- > Mass Layoffs
Other Recent Articles
- > Missouri Workers Compensation FAQ
- > Calculating Missouri Workers Compensation Benefits
- > Common Foot and Leg Injuries Covered by MO Work Comp
- > Common Hand and Arm Injuries Covered by MO Work Comp
- > Work Related Neck and Back Injuries Under Work Comp
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Injury Overview
- > Missouri Labor and Industrial Relations Commission Work Comp Decisions
- > Final Hearing in a Missouri workers’ compensation claim
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Temporary Hearings
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Claim for Compensation