Bradford B. Learlear@learwerts.com
Brad Lear’s practice primarily involves representing individuals and small businesses in lawsuits filed in various state and federal courts. He focuses on complex personal injury and employment cases – including representing groups of employees in collective and class actions. Brad strives to master the important details of each of his cases while maintaing a “big picture” point of view that allows him to seek and obtain positive resolution of the issues facing his clients.
Brad has successfully represented clients in cases involving wage and hour disputes – including claims under the FLSA for unpaid overtime – and other employment matters including cliaims of gender, racial, religious, and disability discrimination. Brad also maintains a robust personal injury and insurance law practice, handling cases involving serious injury and wrongful death claims as well as claims for vexatious refusal to pay insurance proceeds due under life, accident, and long-term care insurance.
Brad is an active member of several professional and charitable organizations where he enjoys participating in community service work – particularly that involving educating young people.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Wage & Hour Update, Missouri Employment Law Institute (2008) (Materials)
Law Practice Management, University of Missouri School of Law (2008)
Contract Interpretation, MOBAR CLE: CONTRACTS (2007) (Materials)
Securities Arbitration, University of Missouri School of Law (2003)
In the Media
Ex State Farm worker alleges labor violations, Columbia Daily Tribune (2010)
Two ex-tax preparers sue H&R Block, Columbia Daily Tribune
Boys State adopts Missouri Plan for judges; change draws praise, The Daily Star-Journal
Hickman Students Ready for National Law Debate Contest, Columbia Daily Tribune
Judge qualifies suit as possible class action, St. Louis Daily Record
Cons of Columbia, VOX Magazine
Making the Case for Dispute Resolution, Columbia Daily Tribune
Admitted to Practice
- Missouri State Courts
- Illinois State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois i>
Admitted to Practice Pro Hac Vice
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Wisconsin
- University of Missouri – Columbia, J.D.
- Missouri Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Barristers
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- Missouri Bar Association
- Federal Practice Subcommittee
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Emergency Disaster Response Team
- American Association for Justice
- Missouri Boys State
- Board of Directors
- Dean of Law School
- Hickman High School Mock Trial Team
- Coach – 2004 to 2009
- National Champion, 2008 American Mock Trial Invitational
- Missouri State Champion, 2009
- Chipping in for Charity Golf Tournament
- Planning Committee, 2007 to present
Most Popular Articles
Once you have completed the hearing process and have received an award, you have the right to file an application for review with the Labor and Industrial Relations Commission. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling appeals to the Commission ...Click to Read More...
Business Consultants File Case Against International Services, Inc. (IPA) Claiming Unpaid Wages and Overtime Pay
Lear Werts LLP has filed a lawsuit against International Services, Inc. and its related entities which include International Profit Associates, IPA, ROI – North America, GPS USA, Integrated Business Analysis, and IBA USA. Plaintiffs are seeking unpaid wages and overtime resulting from the defendant's improper pay policies for its senior business consultants, which are also referred to as "SBCs".Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP and our co-counsel Stueve Siegel Hanson LLP filed a lawsuit on March 2, 2010 against DirecTV, Inc., DirecTV Home Services, Inc., and AeroSat USA, LLC seeking unpaid wages and overtime resulting from the defendants’ piece rate payment policies.Click to Read More...
If you are or were employed by WIS as an IA anywhere in the United States, other than California, you may be eligible to participate in this lawsuit. To find out more, please fill out the contact form above and we will be in touch with you about submitting the paperwork to join the lawsuit.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP and our co-counsel Stueve Siegel Hanson, LLP have filed a class action lawsuit for unpaid wages and overtime on behalf of telephone-dedicated employees who worked in any of State Farm’s Operations Centers nationwide.Click to Read More...
Most Recent Injury Articles
The following frequently asked questions provide some basic information about workers' compensation claims. To learn more about your rights and responsibilities under Missouri law ...Click to Read More...
Generally speaking, and as discussed on the Benefits Overview page, there are several types of benefits available. This page should help you to calculate the benefits that are available under the workers compensation law.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP represents injured workers throughout Missouri who have suffered foot or leg injuries, including fractures, knee tendonitis and bursitis, and loss of limb.Click to Read More...
Attorneys at Lear Werts LLP represent employees in Columbia and throughout Missouri who have suffered hand and arm injuries in the workplace, including fractures, nerve damage, loss of limb, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and repetitive strain injuries.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP has extensive experience building successful workers' compensation claims on behalf of injured employees, including injuries involving the neck and back. Neck and back injuries are among the most common workplace injuries ...Click to Read More...
Most Recent Employment Articles
If you have been treated badly at your job (or at a potential job) because you are disabled, you may have been subjected to disability discrimination...Click to Read More...
In the garbage and sanitation industry it is common for employers to pay their drivers, helpers, and loaders based on an hourly wage but not pay them time-and-a-half for when they work more than 40 hours in a week. Additionally, many of these companies pay certain...Click to Read More...
As Reservists and National Guard return after leaving their home and jobs to protect our nation, they need to know that jobs will be available. The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Right Act (USERRA) provides special protection for returning service members...Click to Read More...
Most Recent Litigation Articles
What is the Fair Credit Reporting Act? The Fair Credit Reporting Act (often referred to as the "FRCA") is a federal consumer protection law that regulates the production and distribution of consumer reports. Despite its name, the FCRA does not apply solely to credit reports.Click to Read More...
The Missouri vexatious refusal to pay statute is a consumer protection law that is designed to prohibit abusive insurance practices. The law applies to what are known as first-party insurance contracts. That is to say, the law only covers claims made against your own insurance.Click to Read More...
- > Auditors and Accountants are Commonly Denied Overtime
- > Call Center Workers
- > Collection Practices
- > H&R Block Training Pay Litigation
- > HyVee Wage & Hour Litigation
- > State Farm Unpaid Overtime Litigation
- > DirecTV Installer Wage & Hour Litigation
- > WIS Int’l Inventory Wage & Hour Litigation
- > IPA / ISI Senior Business Consultant Overtime Litigation
- > Mass Layoffs
Other Recent Articles
- > Missouri Workers Compensation FAQ
- > Calculating Missouri Workers Compensation Benefits
- > Common Foot and Leg Injuries Covered by MO Work Comp
- > Common Hand and Arm Injuries Covered by MO Work Comp
- > Work Related Neck and Back Injuries Under Work Comp
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Injury Overview
- > Missouri Labor and Industrial Relations Commission Work Comp Decisions
- > Final Hearing in a Missouri workers’ compensation claim
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Temporary Hearings
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Claim for Compensation